Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy blog-iversary!

Yay!  One whole year as a blogger!  One whole year putting my musings into the ether for anyone who's interested.  Over the year we've experienced a lot of amazing meals, tasted some incredible bites, came close to greatness several times and damn near broke the bank doing it. And for what? The love of the culinary art form, for the passion amidst the mundane in our lives and for the meaning that comes with taking great pleasure in dining.  I'm thankful to those who've joined on the journey, to some of my generous benefactors and to friends who've had to endure countless re-tellings of the uni bite at 15 East or the aerated foie gras at WD~50 and of course the time the NYTimes photographed fabulous old me (even though they didn't use the shot).

Now that we hit this milestone hubby and I are traveling to my culinary motherland. This September, we're finally off to Japan (business class no less, ooh)!!! And not a moment too soon - I may have tasted all the Japanese food in Manhattan. Or at least all the sushi spots below 14th Street.

This upcoming trip and all the incredible meals before it have been celebrations.  And this blog has been a way for me to share them.  Because if there's one thing I've learned in this process thus far, it's that life is worth celebrating. So I'll continue to travel these culinary adventures and share them here - and I'll continue to order the wine pairing and an extra dessert too - for the sake of the blog, of course!

Happy blog-iversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment