Monday, January 9, 2012

A little reward at Sushi Yasuda

I did something decadent tonight. After work I marched myself eastward and walked in to Sushi Yasuda for an impromptu reward dinner. What I was rewarding myself for is hard to say - making it through Monday? Getting the majority of my work done before lunch? Surviving the start of winter without the sniffles? All of the above! No matter what the reason I decided that I was going to treat myself. And when it comes to treating oneself Yasuda is among the best options. It's cheaper than jewelry yet similar in that when you sit at the sushi bar you are assigned a dedicated chef who's entire purpose is to bring you little jewel like bites as your whim compels you. Also similar to a jewelry store you can try this bite and that and then return for a second try of what you loved, and when it comes to many of their pieces you may be returning for thirds.

The fish at Yasuda is so fresh and clean and delicate you may find yourself wondering if you've somehow been transported to Tokyo instead of a random storefront in No-Mansland Mindtown. Ordinarily I'd say the omakasa is the way to go (put yourself in their hands) but for a quick and fun reward meal ordering ala carte really does the trick.

And while I'm really glad that I decided to treat myself on this cold Monday night, similar to shopping for jewelry, next time it'll be better enjoyed with my husband.


Sushi Yasuda
204 East 43rd Street

No comments:

Post a Comment