Sunday, January 8, 2012

Simple as ABC...

When I grow up I want to live inside of the ABC Home store and use ABC Kitchen as my personal dinning room. And it's not just because the food at ABC Kitchen is rustically ethereal and the decor is eclectically elegant. It's because the menu and the setting found a way to perfectly compliment and support one another so well. It's almost as if the food transcended taste and found a way to be welcoming and comfortable and the restaurant's design found a way to touch your senses and taste delicious and full of flavor all at the same time.

When one walks though the ABC Home store they are compelled to pick up, touch and tinker with all the beautiful little accent pieces and furniture. Similarly when one peruses the locavorism menu at ABC Kitchen they will find it a difficult task to select just a few items for your meal. But luckily for me when we last dinned at the amazing ABC Kitchen our table decided we wouldn't have to choose and we practically ordered the whole menu. Among the many stand outs included the mouth-watering roasted squash toast with fresh ricotta and apple cider vinegar; the delicate tuna sashimi floating in ginger and mint, and the rustically satisfying roasted carrot and avocado salad balanced with pumpkin seeds, creme and citrus.

Usually when I finish a meal that I enjoy this much I start brainstorming when we'll have an opportunity to return, but at ABC Kitchen I left trying to devise a plan to move in.

ABC Kitchen
35 East 18th Street

No comments:

Post a Comment